Is it still day 7 if I haven't gone to bed, but it's after midnight? Purely theoretical.
Anyway, today I read an old favorite to Rosie. .... Everyday Graces by Karen Santorum. Mrs. Santorum compiled many classic stories and poems about manners and values. Rosie loved it! And there are such good messages about things like saying "please". I also recently obtained a copy of Mrs. Piggle Wiggle's Farm by MacDonald and illustrated by Maurice Sendak at a cute little used book store in Stillwater, Mn. (Used book stores are so fun! I always find good stuff at used book stores. I got Hope a cool printing of Sherlock Holmes stories for Christmas. I also got her a cuddly blanket. Perfect combo gift for an avid reader. ) The children in the local town go stay with Mrs. Piggle Wiggle on her farm to correct behavioral issues. She always succeeds. I want to be like Mrs. Piggle Wiggle when I grow up.
Until next time,
Blessings!
Heidi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How the Teacher has been Blessed
It dawned on me the other day that I have never written a blog post about what the teacher (yours truly) has gotten out of this whole escapa...
-
So - two days in a row, baby! This week I am thankful for the flexibility of home schooling. I needed to take my dad to therapy on Monday...
-
Yesterday it dawned on me that it would be a horrible thing for someone to read this blog and decide that this was the only way to home scho...
-
Lately, I think I am more thankful than ever that in 2004 we took the bold, yet trepid step to start homeschooling our oldest daughter as sh...
No comments:
Post a Comment